READ IT: The Love & Respect Experience by Eggerichs

The Love & Respect Experience is a beautiful fake leather bound book in a devotional format and designed to appeal to men and women. Bible verses from many different translations, including paraphrases, are used to supply a number of verses. The majority of the verses are from the book of Proverbs. The rest are almost all from Ecclesiastes and Psalms.

I enjoyed reading this book and feel that it is helpful to those open to being helped. It is a light and easy read, as there are only about 50+ chapters in this devotional, instead of a 365 day devotional. Most of the subjects are uplifting and positive and feel-good. Women will enjoy this book as it deals with being kind and loving towards each other. Although it would be nice if men read this book too, I'm not sure many will. Perhaps the brown leather cover will appeal to them. If men read this, it will also help to encourage them to love their wives properly and serve their wives. I liked the positive spin on this book and the encouraging message. I did not find this book to be offensive or "thou shall not..." and legalistic. It was refreshing.

Disclaimer: I received this book from the publisher for this unbiased review. I am giving my honest review, as positive reviews are not required.

No comments:

Post a Comment