SKIP IT: The Blessing by John Trent

5 HIGHEST - 1 LOWEST STARS: 2 Stars

READ IT OR SKIP IT? SKIP IT

WHO MIGHT LIKE/HATE THIS BOOK?
I don't expect many people will like this book. Especially if you want to come away learning something, you will probably be disappointed. Even those looking for a "feel good" book will probably be left wanting or at least bored.

BOOK REVIEW:
I was curious what the blessing was when I first got the book, but you end up reading through half the book before you even get a clue. Entire Part 1 is all about WHY the blessing is important - but you don't even know WHAT the blessing is. So how can this seem relevant? That's having to read through 4 chapters of hype "the blessing is SOOO important" but just wait... "I'll tell you what it is later". I was really disappointed. I felt like the author was giving me a sales pitch "selling me on THE BLESSING" without even telling me what it was... for FOUR chapters. That's a lot of boring reading without ANY payoff.

Finally when I learn what the blessing is, I was disappointed. It was no great life changer. And then I had to read through another 6 chapters expaining in SUPER boring detail one tiny aspect of the blessing at a time. I didn't feel ANY emotional connection. The whole thing felt like a self-help book gone bad. And a sales pitch.

My favorite line was:
“The Lord will protect you.” The little girl snuggled closer to her father and said, “I know that, Daddy, but right now I need someone with skin on!” John Trent &#38. The Blessing (Kindle Locations 841-842). Thomas Nelson.

Disclaimer: I received this book from the publisher Thomas Nelson for this review. I am giving my honest review, as positive reviews are not required.

No comments:

Post a Comment