READ IT: God Loves Broken People by Sheila Walsh

I heard so many bad things about this book and was told to skip this latest one. But I'm glad I gave it a try, because I really enjoyed God Loves Broken People by Sheila Walsh. I think this book is an honest look at how women deal with a life of trials and suffering. Sheila first acknowledges that many people reach a state where they feel they are no longer able to deal with everyday life in the rat race of making money and paying bills, which most of us can relate to. Then she offers really good compasionate advice on how these trials mold us into people of character. The ideas in this book are not new and they've been said a hundred times before, but from a woman's perspective, this is a warm, light, easy read. I found the book uplifting. Walsh isn't trying to give us any answers for why God allows suffering but by the end of the book, you come away feeling like suffering isn't so bad after all and actually can be good. I truly enjoyed this book and recommend it to women who want a ofter look and softer perspective on suffering but still without doing damage to God's soverignty.

Disclaimer: I received this book from the publisher for this unbiased review. I am not required to give positive reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment